Due to Covid-19, the 2020 Finney County Fair will not be open to the public but don’t worry – the summer memories will be return before you know it, and we can’t wait to have you back!
We’re always thinking about the health and safety of our community, our community events, and our community members and that’s why we’ve decided to make this year’s event an exhibitor-only fair with modifications. That unfortunately also means there will be no special contests, no meals, no entertainment, and the fairgrounds will be closed to the public. We’re just as heartbroken as you are, but we look forward to inviting your family back to the fair next year for more fan favorites, unique foods, and the best performers and entertainment.
The Finney County Fair Board and the Finney County Extension staff have been working hard and doing our very best with preparation for this year’s fair and we appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Think you have what it takes to win best livestock, poultry, or style & clothing? We’d love to have you participate as a 2020 Finney County Fair Exhibitor.
Here are just a few details you’ll need to know:
Due to the COVID19 Pandemic, changes have been made to entries for the Finney County Fair.
changes that have been made to ensure that our fair is a safe place to exhibit.
The 2020 Finney County Fair will be an Exhibitor Only Fair. There will be no spectator events this year (ie. Free concerts, carnival, BBQ contest, Kansas Kruisers car show, SW Kansas Juried Art Show, etc.)
Exhibits will not be left on the fairgrounds. We have made every attempt to make this fair an opportunity to showcase the hard work that all exhibitors have put into their projects.
ALL Exhibitors (4-H and Open Class) must pre-register in FairEntry. If help is required to pre-register, please contact the Extension Oﬃce (272-3670) and they will help get you registered.
Final date to enter exhibits into FairEntry will be July 15th with the exception of Fashion Revue, clothing construction, and fiber arts. Deadline for Fashion Revue, clothing construction, and fiber arts is July 8th. Enter ONLY what you will be showing.
STATIC ENTRIES (all entries except for Livestock)
- 1 entry per class with a maximum of 3 entries total per project will be allowed.
- 4-H: -in will be by appointment according to last name will be enforced. Exhibitor only will meet with the judge.
- Last names A-L – Check-in/judging 8:00am-10:00am
- Last names J-Z – Check-in/judging 10:00am-12:00pm
- Exhibitor will take their exhibit once their consultation judging is complete.
- 4-H Fashion Revue: Exhibits will be limited to one (1) Buymanship Outfit and one (1) Clothing Construction Outfit. Exhibitor will arrive at the Exhibition Building wearing their outfit and be ready to be judged. If Exhibitor has exhibits for both buymanship and clothing construction, a changing area will be available.
- Open Class: Check-in will be Monday, July 20th according to last name (see below) and will take place in the Exhibition Building. Once entries are checked in, exhibitor must exit the fairgrounds.
- Last names A-L – Check-in 10am-11:30am
- Last names J-Z – Check-in 11:30am-1:00pm
- Judging will begin at 1:30pm
- Pick up of exhibits will be from 6:00pm-8:00pm
- The following classes will not be available to exhibit in this year:
- Table Setting
- 4-H Home Environment tours
The following is subject to change. Changes will be posted in the following manner: Finney County Fair Facebook page and website Finney County Extension Facebook page and website.
- Livestock will ONLY be stalled on the fairgrounds the night before their show except for Beef.
- Exhibitors will provide their own bedding and clean out stalls before next species arrives.
- Rabbits will NOT be allowed on the fairgrounds this year due to the Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease (RHDV2). In order for those in the rabbit project to complete their project, an Educational Display about their rabbit should be exhibited.
- Poultry check-in and judging will take place in the Rabbit & Poultry Barn. Poultry judging will be done by appointment.
- There will be no Supreme Showman.
- Show classes will be a maximum of 10 exhibitors. Social distancing will be enforced. Exhibitor and immediate family only will be allowed at and around the show ring.
Due to the presence of Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease (RHDV2) and the recommendation of the Kansas Department of Agriculture’s Division of Animal Health, the Finney County Fair Board voted not to have a live rabbit show at the Finney County Fair. RHDV2 is a highly contagious and potentially lethal disease of rabbits; commingling of rabbits at shows and events could present a risk for transmission of the RHDV2 virus. 4-H members are encouraged to create an educational display or poster to showcase their rabbit project.
Select any event to view more details, including event location.
Western State Bank
Finney County Convention & Visitors Bureau
Farm Credit of Southwest Kansas
Amro Samy Enterprises
Crop Production Services
Garden City Farm Equipment
Finney County Farm Bureau
David Brakey/Pioneer Seeds
Price & Sons Funeral Home
Lansdon & Company
Garden City Community College
Bob Dechant Family
Finney County Feedyard, Inc.
Darrin McGraw Family
Steve & Sara Gleason
Matt & Jennifer Jones
Jason Norquest Family
Royal Farms Dairy, LLC
Wayne Goss Family
Jacob & Rebecca Price
Mel & Millie Norman
Farm Credit of Southwest Kansas, FLCA
Fry Eye Associates
Ag Management Con/ – Ed Banning
Hopkins, Hopkins & Ackerman
Finney County 4-H Foundation
Sherlock Strivers 4-H Club
Finney County Feedyard
Garnand Fine Furniture
Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Shoppe, Inc.
Garden City Veterinary Clinic
Irsik & Doll Feed Yard
James Hewes Family
John & Carolyn Frey
Clara Faye, Mark & Jamie Schweer
Darrell & JoAnn Goss
Billings Hogs, Inc.
Bolding Farms, Inc.
Brungardt Hower Ward Elliott & Pfeifer, LC
Garden City Tire Center, Inc.
Eugene & Connie Gross
Heydman Law Office, LLC
Justin R Kohlhorst, DDS
Kenby Clawson Family
Lewis Hooper & Dick LLC
Al & Patricia Ohmes
Scheopner’s Water Conditioning, LLC
Terria Judge Real Estate
Richard & Alicia Harp
Kourageous Kids 4-H Club